JobTitle: UI Designer
Reporting to: Senior UX/UIDesigner
Location: Hybrid, will be required to be in the office (Cork City Centre) 1-2 days a week
As a UI Designer at valid8Me, you will work closely with the Senior UX/UI Designer to create attractive user interfaces that are in line with the overall vision for the product. You will take ownership of your assignments and be able to think strategically about the output, as well as switch between holistic and detailed points of view when considering your design solutions.
Valid8Me is a technology scale-up with the mission to build a global de-facto digital identity for individuals and corporates. We are vibrant and collaborative and embrace state of the art technologies. We encourage an environment where people can express themselves and work in a way which suits their life and needs. We fit best with people that are results focused, driven and motivated.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. Valid8Me is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
We are looking for someone who can operate autonomously when needs be, while also knowing the value of team collaboration and design feedback within an agile environment. Being someone who asks a lot of questions, and then seeks the answers to those questions is the type of person we are looking for.
· You love what you do and are constantly striving to break new ground. You love designing interfaces that are beautiful, fresh and above all else — delightful to use.
· You get excited. The scale-up world excites you and you enjoy the challenges tight deadlines can bring to projects.
· You're organised and are already a talented designer, but always looking to learn new skills.
· You're looking to grow.
· You understand how to design experiences that people will love.
· You're an excellent communicator. This doesn't mean you're an extrovert, but you like working with others, and can articulate your ideas to the team.
· You're an ideas person. Great things are born from great ideas.
· You have opinions. And you can articulate them.
· You know how to use a calendar. You're organised and make sure great things happen on time, and on target.
· You understand development. You don't need to know how to code, but you need to understand how developers will bring your designs to life.
· You bring something extra to the table. Motion creates moments of wonder (Bonus points for knowing how to animate).
What you will be doing
· Help with wireframing
· Produce UI elements in Figma
· Help in setting up UI kits and design systems
· Create interactive prototypes
· Design mobile and web UIs for both our B2B and B2C environments.
· Be able to work on projects from scratch, or iterate upon existing ones within an established design system.
· Assist with internal projects when there’s capacity (e.g. marketing assets.)
· Work collaboratively across different teams.
· Get involved early in the sales process by doing quick mock-ups and rapid prototyping for leads in the pipeline.
· Present your designs with confidence, no matter what stage, and collect actionable feedback for iterating.
· Leverage data to make well thought-out and educated design decisions.
· Follow agile methodologies and processes to complete projects.
· Minimum of 1 year UI design experience for digital products or services.
· A portfolio of professional UI design work for both web and/or mobile platforms.
· Proficient in Figma, Adobe Creative, or other UI design tools.
· A team player but can work independently too.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated written and verbal fluency in English.
What we offer
· A wonderful opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced scale-up
· An excellent workplace culture
· Competitive salary
· Contribution to medical insurance
· Flexible working hours
*Candidates must be based within the EU (ideally in Ireland) to be considered for this role and must hold an EU Passport or Stamp 4/1G to be considered for this position*